Sunday, April 05, 2009

I AM A [click!] PHOTOGRAPHER

I am a photographer [click] -- 
I flatten and [click] frame the world
to lose [click] consciousness, I forsake
my soul [click] to surface and texture,
there is no content [click] in my 
mind or my work or my medium, 
there is no [click] meaning in 
the world for that matter, I am 
no Vermeer, no Avedon, [click] no
I am no impressionist, I
don't [click] care about any 
of it, I just shoot pictures, I [click]
steal images, peel the world's [click]
slick light and [click] obscure shadows 
through parallax processes and
[click] lenses, glass eyes and 
I think through latent processes, 
chemical and [click] electromagnetic
radiation, the stuff that 
penetrates everything we know,
[click] all that business about 
the soul?, there's nothing but [click]
pixels, numerically translated 
[click] 0's and 1's, I am what 
we fear [click] the most, a
mathematician, someone whose
work counts on what what never adds up,
[click] the deep numbers in the heart of
[click] everything since the first big
division, the [click] split of light 
searing the photosensitive
fabric of  the [click] cosmos.

No comments: