Saturday, January 10, 2009

SHITTING THE QUICHE/WAUWATOSA

Look, lady, I don't know
if the quiche your dog ate 
is fresh or not, it's been
in the snow for days, it
was awful, an that's why 
we tossed it out the window.
It froze, and then the fucking
squirrels got at it, they 
ate the crust, but even 
the raccoons that shack up
in the sewer wouldn't 
touch it, maybe they don't
do quiche, but they pluck 
everything else from the trash,
the jellied ham, the rotting
zucchini, the box
of bisquick, I guess
we were hoping some 
coyote might sniff it up 
and drag it off and poison
the son of a bitch but I guess
that won't happen now, 
seeing how your dog 
wandered over here and
ate the whole thing, tin foil
pan and all, jesus, all that
brie and ham, parmesan,
onion and peppers,
I mean he wolfed it down 
in frozen hunks, I don't
know how without breaking 
his teeth, jesus, imagine 
the ice chunks sliding down 
his gullet the poor son of a bitch
but I say look, lady,
we're not running a
goddamned brasserie 
here, it's a goddamned house, 
a three-ring circus of 
burnt pancake pans and
a sink full of cooked broccoli
and Kraft cheese whiz, scalded milk  
and empty wild turkey pints-- 
it's serve yourself or suit 
yourself--if your dog is 
shitting up the carpet, 
or puking lakes of yellow 
cream, or just wishing 
he were dead, his guts 
bloated like a dead opossum
on the road, I don't give 
a damn, he should have
picked the fucking
turkey tetrazini or the
pea soup or pork hocks,
but he made his bed, I
suggest he lay in it.



No comments: